Why we chose JSON.
Every standardized hand history MUST be in a self contained JSON <standardized_hand_history> object.
We chose JSON due to it meeting the following needs:
- It is plain text and accessible.
- It is understandable by any person without requiring third party software (other than a text editor).
- It is structured and the structure can be standardized and documented.
- It is an efficient structured format.
- JSON enjoys wide adoption and therefore development libraries across all programming languages.